When it comes to capturing stunning images, the camera body is just half the battle. A great lens is essential for great photography. If you're shooting with a Sony APS-C camera, here are some of the best lenses you can get:
A wide-angle prime lens, the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 is a part of Sigma’s DN range of lenses that are designed specifically for mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensors.
- Bright f/1.4 aperture, excellent for low light situations and providing a shallow depth of field
- High resolution and sharpness throughout the frame
- Fast and silent autofocus, suitable for video work
The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is a standard lens offering a focal length equivalent to 45mm on full-frame cameras, making it a superb option for everyday photography.
- Versatile lens suitable for various types of photography
- Bright f/1.4 aperture for excellent low-light performance
- Superb sharpness and clarity
The Sony 50mm f/1.8 is a classic portrait lens providing a 75mm equivalent focal length. It delivers sharp, clear images with a beautiful, creamy bokeh.
- Ideal for portraits with beautiful bokeh effect
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for sharp images
- Fast f/1.8 aperture for excellent low light shooting
The Sony 10-18mm f/4 is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, perfect for landscape photography, architecture, and interiors.
- Versatile ultra-wide-angle zoom range
- Constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
The Sony 18-105mm f/4 is a versatile zoom lens that covers a wide range from wide-angle to telephoto. It's a great all-around lens for any photographer.
- Wide zoom range, perfect for travel and versatile shooting
- Constant f/4 aperture for consistent exposure when zooming
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for sharper images
The Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 is a compact general-purpose lens for Sony's APS-C, E-mount mirrorless cameras. It's roughly equivalent to a 24-105mm F4 lens on a full-frame camera, but scaled down to match the APS-C sensor format.
- Wide zoom range, excellent for versatile shooting situations
- Constant f/2.8 aperture for great low light performance and depth-of-field control
- Almost non-existent focus breathing, making it an attractive option for videographers
- Lightweight build with solid autofocus performance
Whether you are a landscape, portrait, street, or travel photographer, there is a lens in this list that will meet your needs. The lenses we've discussed today stand out due to their build quality, image quality, and versatility. Whether you're just starting out in photography or looking to upgrade your gear, these lenses for Sony APS-C cameras are definitely worth considering.